Saturday, September 16, 2006

Wow....

This video is incredible. Not only is it a pretty impressive feat of video and audio editing (all the video and sound clips come from actual footage of George W. Bush's speeches) , but the juxtaposition of the song's original protest against Ireland's Bloody Sunday and the remake's implied references to more current events is quite powerful. And there's something that's just sort of uncanny about those words being spoken by Mr. Bush that makes it even more....I don't know. I don't think it's good, though.

Anyway, the video is worth a watch, if you've got the time and interest. U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" as performed by President George W. Bush (edited by Rx and/or The Party Party). You can see it here. For those who are interested, the lyrics are also on that page.

Went back to Camden Town again today, this time with a (mostly) different group. Oh man....I still love it there. I'm going to meeting tomorrow. From what I gathered, Hammersmith Friends Meeting is pretty small, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to make some good acquaintences very easily there. That would be lovely if I could.

That's all for tonight.

Peace, love, understanding and respect, my friends.

Edit: I've had a little trouble with the video link (it's a poorly-implemented Quicktime video, and it's been skipping and freezing on me), so you can also find it on Google Videos here.

No comments: