Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I SHOULD be ashamed of it because of the pun

Royal Thai Army
seize Bangkok, declare martial
law; this, a Thai coup

Last week the Royal Thai army took over the capitol, abrogated the constitution, and declared martial law. The Prime Minister was away at the time, giving a speech at a UN function if I remember correctly. Based on what I've been able to find out from the few articles I've seen, the people of Bangkok seem generally to support the coup d'etat, although there's some criticism of their methodologies.

Today we talked about Rupert Murdoch in Media. Although I was fighting just to be able to breathe properly, I do believe it had to be one of the most active classes we've had this year. Partly I think people are getting more comfortable, and also as we move forward into more modern times and current-day media formats, we're more familiar with the material and can comment on it more effectively. On the other hand, it was a class about Rupert Murdoch. Just the name itself is controversial.

I don't know if it was the small dose of caffeine in the decongestant I've been taking, or something more nefarious, but I could not sleep last night. I ended up getting up pretty early in the morning and taking my blanket into the common room and just sitting there, wrapped up, watching TV. I had class at 1, and when I got back about 5 I made some soup and then took a nap. I got up again a little more than an hour ago. I'm going to sleep some more soon. I've got to kick this sinus stuff. Hmm....I think I'll make a crumpet and some tea.

P.L.U.&R., mates.

No comments: