Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stop Bogarting the silverware....

Oh man, I just came back from Stomp! It was as intensely wonderful to see in real life as it has been to imagine in my mind for the past 6 years. ( :
The day prior to that was pretty slow; Thursdays are my no-class days. I did find out that there's not a patch I can download off the internet to make my particular brand of DVD player play region 2 DVDs...but I also found out that it has a built in region-change option. The only downside is that it can only be activated 5 times, and after that it sets permanently to whatever region it was last on. That means if I'm in the States (region 1), and I accidentally set it to region 2 (Europe and the UK), then I'm stuck.

There was something that happened yesterday that I made a mental note to talk about, but I can't remember what it is now. D'oh!

Oh! I remember now! I went on a field trip to the BBC! It's the biggest news agency in the world, bigger than CNN (the second-biggest news agency) by a third. That's impressive-big, y'all. It was very, very exciting (at least as exciting as a guided tour can be), and put in some strong arguments for going into television, especially post-production. Some people in our group got to check out a dummy studio (I was going to, but we ran out of time!), but even being so close to one made me really want to get involved in post-production. Video editing, sound mixing, it's all good. ^_^


That's all for tonight. I've got an early-morning class tomorrow, and I'm gonna hit the hay, soon.

Peace, love, understanding and respect, my friends.

No comments: