Friday, October 13, 2006

Worse, or Better?

So, it struck me...yesterday? This morning? I don't remember when, but it was sometime very recently. Anyway, it struck me that a LOT of people use iTunes. And a LOT of people use Google (and by extension, Gmail). And a LOT of people use Blogger. And there are certain other programs and services that a LOT of people use. And I started to wonder: is this simply a cultural phenomenon, or are these programs and services actually better than their competition?

Honestly, I don't know. I think there are probably elements of both, and there are doubtlessly some unique features or superior interface over competitors, but in the long run I just don't know if I believe they're that much better than the rest.

Of course, take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I'm typing up my speculations on Blogger, just days after having gotten a gmail account, while downloading an iTunes update. Tech-savvy, or hypocrite? We may never know.

PLUR!

No comments: