Friday, October 13, 2006

Modular

Wow, it's going to be so weird getting used to computing with 2 hands again. I've gotten so used to using the "touchpad" mouse on my laptop that I'm going to have to retrain myself how to use a manual. It's a shame that it's so hard to modify keyboards, otherwise I'd consider switching from Qwerty to Dvorak (which is supposed to be more ergonomic and, once you're proficient at it, faster).

Also, having a USB optical mouse will be useful for the eventual day when I switch to a new system. I like my laptop (we've become very familiar with each other, and in as much as a human and an inanimate object can be, I like to think of us as friends), but I'm certain that I'll be operating on a new computer sometime within the next few years (that's my hope at least!). I'd love to get a Mac because of the good video and music suite they've got, but you just can't beat a PC as a computer "workhorse." Maybe when I do get a new system I'll turn the laptop into a "toy" and play around with it. I've been curious about Linux for a little while.

In more humanitarian news, a few of you probably know this, but others may not. The Hunger Site has been my homepage for 6-8 months, and it's a really cool site. You can click on the link once per day, and they'll register it through a Mercy Corp and America's Second Harvest sponsorship as a donation of 1.1 cups of staple food to a charity working in a third world country. Help feed hungry people through just a few clicks of the mouse. It doesn't get much easier to help out, does it?

I think that's all for now.

PLUR!

No comments: