Thursday, November 23, 2006

Theiving the Sky (Stealing Someone's Thunder)

Today is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is not technically celebrated in the UK, but there are so many Americans around most of the time, that Brits know to make a big deal about it anyway. At least, that's what I've seen.

Regardless, here's a quote from the inimitable Jeffrey Rowland about the holiday of Thanksgiving:
"Holy gosh, how did it get to be Thanksgiving already> For those who don't know, I am half-Cherokee and from rural Oklahoma and therefore consider Thanksgiving to be mostly insulting. I'm thankful for stuff everyday, I don't need a whitewashed version of The American Holocaust and a ritual sacrifice to remind me to be grateful. I'm grateful everytime I look in the mirror and realize I am basically symmetrical."

And I think that's something we should all be thankful for.

PLUR!

No comments: